The Five Pillars of Islam
- Shahada: Acknowledging that there is nothing deserving of worship except the One True God, Who in the Arabic language is called Allah; and bearing equal witness that Muhammad ibn Abdullah(SAWS) is His Slave-servant and Messenger.
- Salat: Which is to make the five daily prayers required of the Believer.
- Zakat: Which is alms-giving or charity to people in need.
- Sawm: Which is to fast in the 9th month of the Islamic lunar calender, called Ramadan.
- Hajj: Which is to make the journey to the Sacred House in Makkah, Saudi Arabia.